MeatEater's Black Friday Giveaway
Please read these Official Rules carefully, as they contain important information about the rights and obligations, as well as limitations and exclusions that may apply, to participate in this promotion. By entering, participants signify and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
- Overview. MeatEater’s Black Friday Giveaway (the “Promotion”) will accept entries on a daily basis. It is sponsored by MeatEater, Inc., 131 Discovery Dr., Bozeman, MT 59718 (“Sponsor”). The Promotion will start on November 16, 2023 at 10:00 AM Mountain Time and daily entries will be accepted through November 28, 2023 9:00 AM Mountain Time.
- NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open to persons who are legal residents of the 50 United States including the District of Columbia, and Canada excluding the province of Quebec, age 21 or older, who are legally permitted to possess firearms. By entering this Sweepstakes you acknowledge that you are not legally prohibited from owning or taking possession of firearms. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and all respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, members, licensees, successors and assigns of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and members of their immediate family (spouses, parents, children and siblings) or persons living in the same household are not eligible to participate.
- How to Participate. Go to https://www.firstlite.com/giveaway for contest landing page. Participants will receive one (1) entry for every $50.00 USD spent during MeatEater’s Black Friday Giveaway at www.themeateater.com, www.firstlite.com, www.phelpsgamecalls.com, www.fhfgear.com, or www.davesmithdecoys.com. Or, to enter the Sweepstakes without making a purchase (Postcard Entry”), hand print your name, complete address, phone number, email address and mail postcard to: MeatEater’s Black Friday Giveaway Postcard Entry, 131 Discovery Drive Bozeman, MT 59718. Postcard entries must be mailed separately and must be postmarked by 11/28/23 and received by 12/4/23. Each postcard entry will grant one (1) entry in the Prize Drawing you wish to enter. Limit 1,000 entries per person. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected entries. Entries by any automated process or bot, or by any third party, or web site or online service, including without limitation commercial promotion subscription notification or entering services, are ineligible and shall be void.
- Prizes. The following prizes are available to be won:
- 2020 Can-Am Defender Limited Long Box ($20,000)
- $5,000 MeatEater Site Gift Card and custom online outfitting session with Crew member of winner’s choice. ($5,000)
- $2,500 donation to winner’s selected conservation organization and/or fund from the list provided below ($2,500):
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Mule Deer Foundation
- Wild Sheep Foundation
- Backcountry Hunters and Anglers
- Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
- National Deer Association
- National Wild Turkey Federation
- MeatEater’s Land Access Initiative Fund
- Steven Rinella’s Rifle ($1,000)
- Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value if an advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Sponsor’s determinations regarding the awarding of Prizes is final. No Prize substitutions except as provided herein. Prizes are not transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to Prize unavailability for any reason and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will ship the prizes when all items are available. Pending expected delays from suppliers, expected shipping date is by end of month December of 2023. For any prize over $600 in value, the potential winner will be required to complete and sign an IRS Form W-9. In compliance with US IRS regulations, Sponsor will send a Form 1099-MISC to any winner receiving a prize valued in excess of $600 (USD), which requires disclosure to Sponsor of the winner's social security number. Winner remains solely responsible for paying all federal and other taxes in accordance with the laws that apply in the winner's state of residence. If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within two (2) days of first attempted notification; if any notification is returned as undeliverable; if Sponsor is unable to verify potential winner’s eligibility; if potential winner fails to sign and return the required documentation within the required time period or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if any prize is returned undeliverable; or if the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner is disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
6. Odds;Drawing.Oddsofwinningdependonthetotalnumberofeligibleentries received. Drawing will take place on or about December 8, 2023. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED. Participants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. If potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question as a condition of being awarded the prize.
7. Winners List. Winner information, including first name and last initial, send an email to email@example.com with subject line: MeatEater’s Black Friday Giveaway Winners List requests must be received no later than December 12, 2023.
8. TransferofRifleOwnership.Thegunwillbedistributedtothewinnerthrough licensed dealers and only in compliance with federal and state laws and applicable local ordinances. Winner will be required to provide MeatEater their identified and designated FFL in order to facilitate the transfer of the firearm. If a winner is ineligible to receive the firearm under relevant state, federal or local laws and regulations, the firearm will be forfeited and no substitution will be provided. Any taxes on firearms are the sole responsibility of the winner. FFL transfer fees and shipping cost to the winner’s designated licensed dealer are the responsibility of the winner. PAYMENT MUST CLEAR BEFORE GUN CAN BE TRANSFERRED
9. Release; Indemnification; Disclaimer of Warranty. Winner agrees to release Sponsor and its employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from prize, prize award, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded and acknowledges that Sponsor, and its employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor makes no warranties whatsoever with respect to any prizes, and prizes are awarded solely with the limited warranties set forth in the prize documentation (Owner's Guide, etc.). Further, by participating in the Promotion, all participants agree to forever and irrevocably release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Released Parties from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys' fees) (collectively, "Losses") which may occur in connection with (a) the Promotion or any element thereof, including entry or participation therein, (b) delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any Prize or component thereof, or (c) participation in any Promotion-related activity or prize-related activity including without limitation in each case any Losses that may be caused or contributed to by (1) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, or any of their independent contractors or any other person or entity not an employee of any of the Released Parties, or (2) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of any of the Released Parties. In addition, by participating in this Promotion, each participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all damages, losses, costs and expenses (including amounts paid in settlement and reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred by any of the Released Parties in connection with any third-party claim, demand, liability, suit, proceeding or action arising out of or resulting from (i) breach or alleged breach of any representations, warranties or agreements of participant, or (ii) the use or misuse of any Prize or component thereof.
10. Publicity. Except where legally prohibited, participation in the Promotion and acceptance of a Prize constitutes winners’ agreement and consent to the use of winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices, opinions and/or hometowns and states for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, notice, review or approval.
11. General. All decisions of Sponsor in connection with this Promotion shall be binding and final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, if intervening circumstances warrant, within Sponsor's sole discretion, due to any fraud, virus or other technical problem which corrupts the administration, security, or proper entry or voting in the Promotion, or for any other reason. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes from among the eligible participants received up to the time of the termination, cancellation, suspension and/or modification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Promotion or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term or provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or provision.
12. Limitation of Liability. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final, binding, and conclusive in all respects. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. Entries become the property of Sponsor on receipt and will not be acknowledged. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion. In such event, the prize may be awarded by random drawing from among eligible entries received up to the date/time of corruption or modification, to the extent feasible. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries; computer system, phone line, electronic equipment, computer hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors; or failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. The Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Disputes. (a) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with the Promotion and in no event will any entrant be permitted to claim attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (b) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (c) each entrant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Montana, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State. All participants who enter the Promotion agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the State of Montana, and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Promotion or Official Rules.